Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Essie Resort 2011

I picked up three of the Essie Resort collection polishes yesterday...

Essie Fair Game - kinda brush stroke-y, but I didn't wait for it to dry completely (presumably they mellow out a bit). DBF insisted I get it, because he has become a backseat driver for my collection O_O. 2 coats.



Essie Your Hut or Mine – I really love this shade! I'm very yellow-toned so it's hard for me to find a good pink! It has a lovely shimmer that is kind of hard to capture... 2 coats



Comparison: Essie Your Hut or Mine and Revlon Sublime Strawberry. Most of my pinks lean to the blue side, so I decided to compare it against one of my favourite Revlons… because of how yummy it smells XD


Essie Da Bush – Even after hearing this was dupe-ish to OPI Stranger Tides, I still had to buy it. I love these shades, LOVE! 2 coats


Comparison: Essie Da Bush and OPI Stranger Tides. While they are really similar, I do not think they are total dupes (at least against my skintone). I think Da Bush is a tiny bit darker and bluer than the OPI. I needed 3 coats of the OPI compared to 2 with the Essie. I can't fathom choosing one of the two right now, so they will both live in my Alex to see another day :)


The formula on these were great. Although not like last year's Resort collection (with the yummy, almost jelly-like finish), I still really like it! But then again, I have a hard time not wanting to buy every Essie collection released…

16 comments:

  1.  I really want Da Bush But now I might have to get your hut or mine after seeing your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2.  I love this collection!! Till you swatched it I didn't like it, but now, I am definitely thinking of buying some of these

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get the Essie hype until I cracked open my first this week....now I get it. Multicolored shimmer, insanely good wear.....yep, I'll be getting more.

    ReplyDelete
  4.  oh, i want Essie Your Hut or Mine. i looks really pretty on youEssie Your Hut or Mine. i looks really pretty on you

    ReplyDelete
  5.  I really need Da Bush.  I haven't been to an Ulta in forever.  Sigh. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really lovely. I think I need Da Bush (hate that name!) and Your Hut or Mine?.

    I like the scent of Revlon Sublime Strawberry, too. I know that some gals don't go for scented products but I love them. :)

    When I read about your boyfriend being a backseat driver for your polish collection, I laughed out loud. My husband is the same way. He likes to choose a polish for me, now and again. And I must give him credit, he has picked some real winners. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must get Da Bush since it is more blue toned. Stranger Tides makes my hands look dirty... Great comp! Thanks! 

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty! I think I need Essie Fair Game and Da Bush! Thank you for the swatches!Essie Fair Game and Da Bush! Thank you for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure thing! Hope you get them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10.  :D I hope it works for you! 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, yes, I love scented products! 

    Boys are silly, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  12.  Well, if you manage to get there by saturday, there's still a $5 off $10 coupon floating around! Here it is: http://search.ulta.com/nav/marketing/loyaltysurvey2011/0http://search.ulta.com/nav/marketing/loyaltysurvey2011/0

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love their creme-jellies (last year's resort, and a few others since) are also awesome!

    ReplyDelete