Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

China Glaze Glittering Garland

I don't think I posted this yet. I am such a hoor for greens, and this one is gorgeous.

China Glaze Glittering Garland - Swapped for this on a whim, I really love it!!


There are already comparisons out there with China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, so I compared it to the polish that first came to my mind when I started seeing swatches of Glittering Garland.

Comparison: ChG Glittering Garland and Orly Meet Me Under the Mistletoe - I thought it was a dupe for MMutM, but it turns out they are a bit different. MMutM is cooler toned and needs 3 coats, whereas the ChG only needs 2 coats.


I am alarmed at how soon Christmas is. This is what happens the one year we don't get advent calendars!

16 comments:

  1. I was so sure that this and Orly were dupes! Can you say something about the wear of Glittering Garland? The Orly one doesn't last on me, so if Glittering Garland is better, I will definitely get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. China Glaze Glittering Garland is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was certain they were dupes too! Haha, I was so surprised. Hmm, I didn't wear GG alone, but I wore it 2 coats with 1 coat ChG Party Hearty, and it lasted more than 7 days. The formula is more opaque than the Orly, and I think it applies nicer too... It's worth a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This polish really took me by surprise. Pretty in the bottle, but stunning on the nail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this on you! The Orly is the one I was thinking it was most like, so glad I have both though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could wear greens!!  These are both so gorgeous, but every time I pick them up, I have to put them back down...just can't wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!  I'm glad you did a swatch of Glittering Garland beside Meet Me Under the Mistletoe, so now I can tell the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was worried these would be dupes too but I'm so happy that they aren't.  I love both of these pretties!  Such gorgeous greens with beautiful finishes!  <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an amazing colour, both of of them. I wonder how they compare to Sally Hansen Project Runway?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had Project Runway! Haha... I will never know -.-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you tried them yet? I used to be scared of greens and blues, but on the nail, they really look great. I bet there's a few out there that you'll come to love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Green is not a color that's easy to pull off with my skintone. Funny thing is I finally caved and bought Orly' MMUTM this weekend, and wore it today. It worked out well, and I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also just received my first joe fresh polishes in a swap! i love the cute little bottles, and they are great quality! I was impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had to buy this polish because of your swatches of it!  You are always making me add to my wishlist! LOL

    ReplyDelete