Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Reswatch: OPI Hong Kong collection polishes

I just got into polish last year when the OPI HK collection was out, so I've accumulated a few of these since then :) I re-swatched the older ones since those pics were pretty awful, hope you don't mind XD

OPI Pearl of Wisdom - This was a gift from a friend back at home and one of my first OPIs! It also looks terrific over light purple! 3 coats by itself.



Layered over black looks totally different! 2 coats over WnW Black Creme.




OPI Jade is the New Black - One of the first OPIs I purchased for myself, I forgot how lovely it was. 2 coats.



OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui - I bought this during my first in-person haul at a Harmons! :) My brush is kind of wonky (splays out a lot), so I had to cut a few strands of the brush! The new Zoya Breezi looks really similar to this, but I haven't seen any direct comparisons yet. 2 coats.



OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender - I was disappointed in this one, since it looks different on other people's skintone... but I have learned to like it now. I believe this was 3 coats, but it might have been 2.



OPI Panda-monium Pink - DBF desperately wanted me to get this as the "perfect" pink (there is no such thing with him!) so I used a coupon at a local pharmacy to get it. I guess I like it ok. 3 coats.

7 comments:

  1. Pearl of wisdom over black looks like Orlys Space Cadet purple sister to me!
    It's funny you got your first OPI at Harmon's I live right near one and nobody
    knows what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Harmons is only on the East coast, I think? Anyway, I'm glad you commented; I was looking for your blog last night after you posted spam on NB but couldn't find you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great swatches! Pearl of Wisdom looks SO awesome over black, just wow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I compared SSFS and Breezi before: http://hangiojeyakismazkibana.blogspot.com/2011/03/zoya-summer-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a tremendous post! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great swatches! JItNB is such a perfect polish, and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous of how good JITNB looks on you! I've put it on several times and it just looks... weird. And then I take it off and put it back in my melmer with a sigh. :(

    I really love the Hong Kong collection - it was out last summer when I re-ignited my NP love and so I've slowly been picking up the collection. I only have JITNB and SSFS of these though... also have Chop-Sticking To My Story, A Good Mandarin Is Hard To Find, and Meet Me On The Star Ferry... still majorly lemming Hot & Spicy, Bling Dynasty, Red My Fortune Cookie, and Dim Sum Plum!

    I just got Breezi in the mail yesterday, so maybe I'll try to do a little comparison post with SSFS? That is, if I ever get back to blogging... stupid work and life... *grumbles*

    ReplyDelete