Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Reswatch: American Apparel Butter and Office

American Apparel's financial situation is really teetering on the edge lately. I hate everything about them except their polishes. It seems they are a bit short on cash, which they are trying to raise. Allegedly, they are not looking for a buyer. We'll see what happens over the course of the day.

I would be lying if I said I weren't secretly hoping for a code (maybe "BANKRUPTCY") so I could haul all the polishes ;)

Here's two re-swatches of two pastels I like very much.

American Apparel Butter - I prefer this yellow over ChG Lemon Fizz because it's not as stark on my skin tone. I had to thin it a bit (personal preference).



American Apparel Office - One of my favourite light greens! I love this polish! I've read that others had application problems with this, but I think the formula is great.

11 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous! And LOL at BANKRUPTCY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate American Apparel to death, but a code for 75% off (Bankruptcy sounds good) would make my heart sing. I really want Hunter and now Butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I know what you mean... I'm hoping for some sales on the polish too... great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are quite remarkable for pastels! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The NB will explode if AA has a bankruptcy sale LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope I don't breakdown and buy more AA at regular price.. must wait for sale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love Office! Im all for a bankruptcy code ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. these two are both superbe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like their polishes but just can't bring myself to buy them. So I swap for them, which makes no sense since someone had to buy them to swap with me, but my lust for nail polish overrides my common sense quite often. I have and love Office and now think I might need Butter looking at your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for these swatches, I received office a year ago in a swap and I have never worn it. IT's So PRETTY! I am definitely gonna dig it out sooN!

    ReplyDelete