Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Essie Swatches from various 2012 Collections

It feels like I have not posted a "normal" nail polish in a long time, LOL! Indie polishes are so hot right now, it's easy to forget about ye olde faithful, Essie.

I don't even know what collections each of these are from (I guess some combination of Spring, Resort and Wedding) and I have an even harder time remembering the names!

Left to Right: Who is the Boss, She's Picture Perfect, Navigate Her, Armed & Ready, No More Film

Essie Who is the Boss - I used to love Who's the Boss! I wonder if re-watching would destroy my fond memories of it... Anyways, 2 coats, formula not terrible for a pastel. Not as bad as last year's Borrowed and Blue! This is way more flattering on my skintone than that one. If B&B looked horrible on you, definitely try this one. It's instant love for me!


Comparison: Essie Who is the Boss and Essie Sag Harbour - 2 coats of each. They're similar in base colour, eh? Keeping both.



Essie She's Picture Perfect - 2 coats. I don't even remember asking for this, but it is kick ass. It sort of reminds me of that NARS Pokerface colour but much much cooler (and hence, more flattering on my skintone... at least I think so). I totally dig the finish of this (it's more like a pearl finish in normal lighting).




Comparison: OPI Planks a Lot (also looking for a dupe of this, ya'll), Essie Bangle Jangle, and Essie She's Picture Perfect - 2 coats of each. My stash is so anemic, I don't have a dupe for this! \o/ Keeper!



Essie Navigate Her - 2 coats. I'm not sure if I love this shade. The formula is quite nice, though.


Comparison: Essie Navigate Her and Illamasqua MILF (one of my favs, although people tell me to purge it all the time LOL) - 2 coats each. I'm not sure about the Essie. I'll need to wear it as a full mani and give it a good think.



Essie Armed & Ready - 2 coats. This is an awesome shade. The shimmer is overly represented here because of the flash I use, but it's still super gorgeous. The formula is perfect, too.




Comparison: Essie Armed & Ready and Essie Power Clutch - both 2 coats, and I love both. The second picture shows how the polishes look in normal indoor lighting (notice the shimmer in A&R is not as in your face, but still nice). Definitely keeping both.




Essie No More Film - 2 coats. I actually said "OH YEAH, BABY" outloud when I unwrapped this one. Perfect formula.


Comparison: Essie No More Film and Zoya Pinta- 2 coats each. This is going to be hard for me. I will probably purge the Zoya, but I'm going to need some time to think about that.


Hope you enjoyed that!

The next post is going to be another Indie polish brand, LOL. If you like those colour-shifting pigment topcoats, you're going to like that post!

Have a great weekend, and thanks to everyone who purchased from my blog sale! Ya'll are helping me keep my sanity by curbing a bloating stash!

22 comments:

  1. I 2nd nicole. and i want 'armed and ready' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love She's Picture Perfect on you ! Armed & Ready is gorgeous as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these!  I passed on No More Film, because I heard it was a dupe for OPI Sapphire in the Snow/Orly Wild Wisteria - but your pics make it look a little dustier than those... and now I want it to see for myself.

    Armed and Ready and Power Clutch look so great together - I usually wear them as a mani/pedi combo - I love non-matching but coordinating colors for mani/pedis and those two are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm I have a comparison of the Zoya and Orly here (pardon the lighting differences): https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-6kqrJsCYN-Q/TiS7rXSGkGI/AAAAAAAAUvA/VRvDF46WG8c/s800/CSC_7900.jpg 
    and I think I would say WW is a little warmer than Pinta. I think NMF is bluer than Pinta (and then even bluer than WW). I'm not sure if "dusty" is how I'd describe it! Haha, but you should see for yourself and get stuck in the same problem I'm in! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wearing SPP as my mani today and loving it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not shimmer-city, but it's still beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comparison! I was tossing up on No More Film until you pointed out it is almost a dupe of Pinta!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I'm so loving Armed & Ready AND Power Clutch!! I thank you for these swatches, but my wallet does not :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Navigate Her looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love every color I see you swatch, and it never ceases to amaze me that you can purge dupes or colors that are basically dupes! It totally makes sense to not have several of the same color if you'll always pick one over the other, but still... I can't do it yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, so now I need to use my bottle of Armed & Ready and I need to get She's Picture Perfect. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Armed & Ready on you (honestly, what doesn't?)! I need to try that one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ♥ I hope you try it! I bet it would look terrific on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha, I guess I am still a minimalist at heart (though 150 bottles still doesn't feel very minimal LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  15.  Oh, Armed & Ready is so flattering to the warmth in your skin!!  I see what you mean about the last comp, I love Pinta as it leans so purple, but the blue tone of No More Film works well on you too.  Thanks for the great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. No More Film pretty much comes across black or navy blue in most lightning. Outside it may show its true color but I don't feel like this color is true to the pictures you posted. 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi K! A lot of colours pull differently on my swatches because my skin has a strong yellow undertone. I know No More Film is very blurple on most people. I didn't find it to look near black or navy while indoors, on me anyway! Sorry if my swatches misled you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your swatches are awesome! I absolutely love No more film. I am going to find this color if it is the last thing I do! And i was always wondering what armed ad ready actually looked like on... its pretty in the bottle and even more pretty on. I have to go shopping for new colors when i am home! :]

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yeah baby is right - love Essie No More Film and Armed & Ready ! You do a great job with the PICTURES :-)

    ReplyDelete