Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Comparisons

My current polish count (excluding base and topcoats) is 46, and yet somehow I have accumulated very similar shades ;)

None of my non-polish-crazy friends can tell the difference :( But I know you guys understand!!

First: sorry for the messy application; I have yet to find a clean up brush, so I have not done any cleaning up here! :( Any recommendations?


I prefer American Apparel California Trooper to Essie Playa del Platinum; it's slightly warmer.


I prefer American Apparel Office to China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint. AA Office is dustier and more muted; seems less outrageous for my work environment :) I didn't have any of the application problems with this polish that I was expecting bsaed on reviews. Yay!


American Apparel Butter and China Glaze Lemon Fizz. I think I prefer the China Glaze here, but I think both look kind of bad on me :( My fingers at not usually this red though! I had an awful time with applying AA Butter as a full mani the other night; I got so frustrated I had to take it all off. So gloopy! I need to thin that bad boy out!


Obviously not dupe-ish AT ALL, but my friend Tish had picked up After Glow for me and was wondering what it looked like next to Strawberry Fields.


Yeah I bought both Orly Gumdrop and China Glaze For Audrey. I prefer the Orly one because somehow I think it looks a tiny bit better on me.


Here they are layered with my glitter polish from The Face Shop


And mattified. I think I like this look!


The Face Shop GR501 on its own.

I've worn a new colour every day so far.. that's a first for me! I'll post those NOTD pics soon!

4 comments:

  1. I think I need stronger glasses. In the first picture I had a very hard time distinguishing between the colors. Maybe I'm just not a color expert...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "WANT" that AA butter. SO NICE. A lot of nice colors,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a cheap brush from Michale's (like, less than $3). Pretty much any brush will work for clean up. I know what you mean about accumulating the same shades - I've only been "collecting" for about 2 months and I've got more purple than anything else. Pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ChyiX2: lol, it is hard to tell the difference -_-

    @Susie: AA Butter is really nice! :)

    @Megan: Thanks for the brush tip, I'll have to make a trip to Michaels soon (I need some more yarn too!)

    ReplyDelete