It ended up being around $80 USD with tax after the code. Shipping was about 1 week (faster than I expected).
Palette on a pile of makeup and brushes
After getting my fingers and sponge tips into the pans - the pans wiggle around easily, so I suspect they are extremely easy to depot (though my experience with Shu pans is that they are not magnetic)
Back of the palette info
Spongetip swatches (2 swipes each)
Since I'm sure most makeup addicts would have dupes, I did a few comparison swatches:
matte light-medium browns
variety of browns (not too much overlap here in my collection)
- I like all the matte shades very much. The shades are very flattering on my skintone (NC25, very yellow). Quite smooth and silky textures, but not the butteriest (better than my Inglot mattes, not creamy like RBR mattes).
- Blend easily on the lids, but do not overblend or get muddy
- Some of the lighter shades are similar on my skin, so maybe not a lot of different looks in this palette - The blue shade is a little sheer to swatch, but I haven't tried it on the eyes yet
- The silvery shade (ME471) is quite cool toned, and I haven’t tried it yet
- The warm brown creamy shade P 875 goes on my eyes a lot warmer than it swatches
- The palette is quite large, has a big mirror, and has a hefty weight to it. I haven’t used or tried the double ended brush (and I don’t plan to). The pans are not glued in that securely (probably glued in with that gooey glue used by many Japanese brands)
- I find the shadows look very different on the skin than how they look in the pan, so I’m still trying to giro out combinations. Of the 4 times I wore it so far, I loved 2 of the looks, and didn’t are for 2 others. - Some shades are too shiny/light catching for my preferences (doesn’t look great on my eyelid texture).
- Overall, it’s a very complete palette. I like that there’s a big range of light to dark, including a blending shade similar to my squinting, a darker matte brown to deepen my outer corner, and a black matte that works for liner AND (when used lightly) works for my brows as well.
- The shadows last well on my lids with primer all day; no complaints here!
Hope this helps someone, and if you're interested, that it comes back in stock!