Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Indie: HARE The First Collection: Reformulated swatches


These are the last bottles of HARE I ordered in October. The formula on these is so, so smooth. I did have to be a little careful letting the first coat dry before applying the second, though, because a glitter might scrape the first jelly layer a bit making it appear streaky. I really hope Archipelago comes back soon!!

You can get these at either Nikole's Etsy shop or at Llarowe.

Pegasus - 2 coats on its own




Pegasus - 1 coat over Essie Bangle Jangle





Edited to add: I received a few comments about the appearance of curling glitters in Bisbee. The bottle that I have (and PURCHASED myself) does not have curling glitters on the nail at all, but photographs that way (i.e., reflective curling). I always wear a coat of QDTC over my manis, often 2 coats for very glitter heavy polishes, so I would tell you if any polishes had glitter that were taco-ing and sticking out out of the surface (because that would drive me CRAZY. I cannot stand anything other than a perfectly smooth mani). I obviously can only speak for my own bottle, but if you are concerned about possible tacos in your polishes, please always contact the indie creator or vendor you purchased from. Thank you. I created a follow-up post here showing reflective curling.

Bisbee - 3 coats on its own. This also leans quite green on my skintone (bah!)




Bisbee - 1 coat over Misa Dirty Sexy Money. I wish I tried this over Nails Inc Warwick Way!




A Positive - 3 coats on its own




A Positive - 1 coat over Essie Limited Addiction




*squirrels away*

7 comments:

  1. It looks like Bisbee has some curling with the larger gold hexes :( Pegasus is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this
    article plus the rest of the site is also really good.
    Also visit my web page - party girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they don't! They just look that way (reflective curling)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy you, still wanting A Positive and Pegasus so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Considering other swatches have shown it, and bottles have been replaced because of it, yeah, it definitely has curling. It would be nice to see HONEST reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bisbee does indeed have genuine curling, it has been accepted by Hare and Llarowe. They have been issuing replacements but even these are having issues...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I purchased these bottles myself, and I have no reason to lie about it. Some bottles may have had curling, but I would have said so if that was the case with mine. Reflective curling is not something I made up... it exists in many glitter polishes.
    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete