Revlon Whimsical (3 coats over a light blue jelly franken)
It's very easy to make your own light blue jelly: it's 1/4 white creme and 3/4 clear, plus a few drops of blue creme until it suits your taste!
Ok, so I'm sure you have all seen a million comparisons to GitA, but I wanted to see it for myself! Here are my comparison pics:
Here's 4 coats of each, no base:
and a close up on a nail wheel:
- There are 3 sizes of glitter in these polishes: large hex, medium hex, and tiny circular (maybe hex, it's hard to tell).
- The largest hex glitter is the same in both polishes (light pink and blue)
- The medium hex glitter is the same size in both, but from what I can tell, GitA has both silver and pink medium glitter, while the Revlon only has silver.
- The smallest glitter is the same in both polishes; an iridescent glitter that shines aqua and violet.
- The glitter in the Revlon dupe is much more dense than in the DL.
- The blue jelly base is more opaque in the Revlon. This alters the colour of a base polish if you choose to layer it, though (for example, over Revlon Modern Grace)
Anyway, I hope you guys found this helpful and can get a bottle for yourself if you like it :) I found mine at Harmons Beauty Supply for $3.79. I've read that it's also been spotted at Kmarts!