Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

China Glaze 2NITE

One of my lovely nail-buddies actually sent this polish to me! We had arranged a little swap, and she decided to "throw in" her backup of this gorgeous polish. WUT??? Insanely sweet of her.

It almost didn't make it to me though, as the delivery confirmation showed "Delivered" and it was not in my mailbox. I called the USPS help number and filed a ticket; nothing came of that. I went to the local USPS office and asked if the package was there; I was told it was not. I called about 10 times over three days trying to get information from my mail carrier. The PO insisted the package was delivered to my building and must have been stolen.... from inside my locked mailbox. Ummm ok. I got no help at all, and after two weeks gave up hope.

I filed a mail theft claim here, and the package showed up the next day. It had been opened and resealed with white electrical tape. I don't know if it was related to the claim I filed, but either way, it was very suspicious, considering it was "Delivered" two weeks ago.

Anyways, I am so super grateful that my friend sent me this polish AND that it was returned to me from whoever had taken the package. I like to imagine the person opening it thinking, "I bet there's jewelry or something of value in here!! Wait.. what is this? Nail polish? What????"

China Glaze 2NITE






Do you guys have any mail horror stories?

14 comments:

  1. No horror stories to report, but man oh man is this gorgeous! This is probably my fave of the OMG collection. It looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Brazil and horror stories here are common place, I've learned so far that thefts claims work wonders and that declaring the value of the contents (meaning that if they "lose" the parcel they will have to refund me) works wonders too.
    Really beautiful!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh, very suspicious mail activity indeed!  I am so glad that this reached you, and that you swatched it for us!  :D  Amazingly beautiful polish!
    -Ashesela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was one of my very first holos.  Gorgeous!  Sounds like your mail carrier got a little snoopy in your package - and seeing that it was *just* nail polish, decided to give it back.  LOL  Little did they know the awesomeness that is ChG 2nite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She just gave this to you???? WTF?? That is one nice friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are so lucky it ended up with you after all! Looooove this one <3. My worst mail incident was when the post jerk stuffed in my OPI Damone Roberts and it snapped at the neck. I found it at the end of the day being almost all dried up and dead :(.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photos, they are all so gorgeous, especially your macros!  Your blog has created so many new lemmings for me just from seeing your pics! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ommmgggg noooooooo :( Did you manage to get another bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where can I find this color?  I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's rather hard to find, now :( Your best bet would be through swapping or (gasp!) Ebay :/

    ReplyDelete